One Who Comforts


I went to bed feeling incredibly sad last night.  And I woke up with this heaviness over my heart this morning too.  It has to do with the burden I feel for people who are going through very difficult times. 

A friend is reliving a past nightmare this entire week.  Another lost her adult son in a car accident last night.  Another is dealing with issues with her heart and still another has different health issues.  My heart hurts for them all and yet, there is nothing I can do to relieve the pain.

I was reminded of these verses:

Psalm 34:17-18 (NIV) ~

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


There is one who can bring comfort and peace.  He draws near to those going through difficult times.  He truly is the only one who can relieve the pain of those who suffer.  He is the one who brings hope.

For that I am thankful today.

Comments

  1. What a timely post. Our church family has taken some hard hits this past week, some of them quite unexpected. I sometimes get very discouraged because I feel I have nothing to offer that can really help, but then I remind myself that just letting them know I care and that I'm praying can be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. The majority of the things I mentioned happened in the course of 2 days. The main thing I can do is pray. I did send some notes and made a couple of meals but sometimes it just doesn't feel very useful, especially for those going through extreme things.

      Delete
  2. You have such compassion for your friends, Terri. I'm sure you are a great encourager to them. I will pray for your friends. God hears all prayers.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live