Crafty Things

Photobucket

The weather outside is frightful and there is not much else I can do on wintry, snowy days except sew.  My sewing machine has been humming along lately because I'm getting ready for a craft fair this Saturday.  My hope is that it goes better than the last one I participated in.

I've also been trying to restock my Etsy shop.  Rather than spreading myself so thin, I'm focusing on basically home décor items and accessories.  I just started feeling like I was dabbling in too many things and spinning my wheels and throwing my money away.  So I'm sticking with what I know I do well and adding some new things.

The past week has been all about napkins.  Here are the ones I've made so far.  They are reversible, sturdy and high quality so will last for years.  I've done a variety of dinner, luncheon and cocktail napkins.

 
 
 
 

These are all in my Etsy shop.  In the process of making them, I was able to drag out my book, The Art of Napkin Folding, and practice some folds I haven't done in a while.  Fun, fun, fun!

I'm going to try and get some placemats done the rest of the week so I have a good variety of things to bring on Saturday.  Next week will focus on making a sample or two of centerpieces for a retreat I'm going to in April. 

What have you been working on during these gray winter days?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live