The Only Love Letter I Will Ever Need

Photobucket

I woke with a crushing weight on my chest and a lump in my throat.  Those same old emotions of fear, insecurity, and anxiety threaten to cripple me.  It seems as if I'll never be rid of this burden and struggle. 
 
How many times can I feel inadequate?  How often will I allow others' opinions to shape how I view myself?  How is it that I can have all the head knowledge in the world and yet, still feel not good enough and overwhelmed with insecurity? How many times will I struggle with my own view of myself which gets projected on how I think others view me?
 
As I opened my Bible to read this morning, this reminder jumped out at me.
 
Romans 8:31-39 (HCSB) ~
 
What then are we to say about these things?
If God is for us, who is against us?


Even if all the world thinks I'm not enough, God is on my side.
 
He did not even spare His own Son
but offered Him up for us all;
how will He not also with Him grant us everything?


He did this for me.  He allowed His Son to be killed so I, Terri Groh, could have life.  What does this say about how much He values me?
 
Who can bring an accusation against God’s elect?
God is the One who justifies.
Who is the one who condemns?


What does it matter what other people think of me?  Their opinion counts as nothing because the only opinion I should be concerned about is God's.
 
Christ Jesus is the One who died,
but even more, has been raised;
He also is at the right hand of God
and intercedes for us.


I have one who intercedes on my behalf.
 
Who can separate us from the love of Christ?
Can affliction or anguish or persecution
or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?


Not one single thing in this life, no matter how bad, can separate us from Christ's love.  Nothing.
 
As it is written:
  Because of You
we are being put to death all day long;
we are counted as sheep to be slaughtered.
  No, in all these things we are more than victorious
through Him who loved us.


I am not just victorious, but more than victorious.  My life has purpose and meaning and I am more than my trials.  I can rise above them and live a full, meaningful life despite the struggles.

   For I am persuaded that not even death or life,
angels or rulers,
things present or things to come, hostile powers,
   height or depth, or any other created thing
will have the power to separate us
from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!


Nothing I face will ever separate me from God's love.  Not the smallest struggle to the greatest tragedy.  His love never fails.
 
That thought encourages me today and I hope it encourages you.

Comments

  1. As I read this I can't help think part of your insecurities have to do with being a Pastor's wife???? ( I have a friend who was the wife a pastor and she felt like she always had to be perfect.) Like everyone is watching you and your children????? I don't know you personally but I think you are your own toughest critic. Remember you are a child of God and He thinks you are perfect just the way you are.

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some of it, though I've struggled with this long before I became a pastor's wife. Thank you, Debbi!

      Delete
  2. Yes! It really does encourages me! Such a blessing to read today!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.