Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Woven Thread

I wake each morning and stumble to the kitchen.  I pour a cup of steaming hot coffee, grab my bible and journal and find my favorite spot.  It generally takes me about 10-15 minutes to get myself awake enough to focus on what I'm reading.
 
The routine is the same most days.  Get up, quiet time, throw in laundry, do dishes, finish chores.  Make meals, take care of correspondence, sew, and whatever else comes my way.


And in the midst of this routine there is a thread that runs through each of my days.  The  woven thread is faith.  It's the essence of our lives here.  It's at the core of each heartbeat.  Faith is every breath we take.

Faith that people will come to know God's saving love as we minister here.  Faith as my husband spends time in prayer, preparation and keeps in touch with different people.


Faith as I pray for family and friends as my hand prepare meals for what feels like the millionth time.


That faith trusts that Nathan's life will be full of meaning and purpose despite struggles. There is faith that God will continue to lead Stephen at college.  Faith that the Lord will show Emily His plan for her life.


There is faith that we can continue to make ends meet on tight budget.  Faith that God will provide for all our needs; physical and spiritual.



The thread of faith gets me through those days when all I want to do is give up and drown in my tears.  That same thread runs through the times of joy and thanksgiving.


Faith sees me through the hard times, the good times, the frustrating times and the joyful times.  My faith in God's goodness is the thread that runs through every aspect of my life.



Hebrews 11:1 (MSG) ~
 
The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see.