When You are Not Enough


Throughout the years I've heard many things said about me...

You are too nice.

You are too religious.

You are too sensitive.

You are too talkative.

Too, too, too.

In other words, I've been measured against the expectations of another and have been found lacking.  I'm left feeling inadequate, undesirable, unwanted, rejected and not enough.  

I struggle with this.  Because all of us want to be loved and appreciated.  We want to feel like we are sufficient just the way we are.  We want to feel like we are worth something in the eyes of another.

Which is why I find encouragement from God's word.  I don't have to do or be anything other than what He created me to be.  I am enough because He loves me.  He made me with my personality, my looks, my talents and traits. He has a purpose for my life.  

When I get my eyes off my critics and their measuring line and keep them on The Lord, I find peace and fulfillment and contentment.  When I fill my mind with God's words then I don't have room for the criticisms that want to stay there.  

I am enough, just the way I am.  That is wonderful news to start the week with.

Comments

  1. You are so right! And what a great post - I know I have needed this reminder more times than I would like to admit. Thanks for reminding me again!
    God bless~ Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.