Creaking & Groaning


Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) ~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.


Creaking and groaning sounds were what I heard most of the night.  The wind gusts were strong here last night, and our little modular home's roof sounded like it might lift off at any moment.  It is not a comforting sound. 

Creaking and groaning is what my spirit does many nights as well.  I toss and turn, wrestling with my thoughts.  Praying and asking the Lord to help me trust Him.  It often feels as if I will crumble and blow away just like a roof in strong winds.

I try to move forward each day, trusting Him with each step.  It's not always easy.  I wish everything in my life would just move along at an easy pace.  I hate the strong winds of anxieties and worries.  I really dislike those gusts of problems and stresses that blow from time to time.  I want calm breezes and sunny days.  I don't like the storms of life.

Yet, they will happen.  The wind will blow and often becomes hurricane strength.  Sometimes those gusts threaten to blow the top off my life.  But I do know the Lord is there in the midst.  I know He walks beside me.  He is my shelter from the storm.
 
Lord, let me trust you when the wind howls.  Help me to keep my eyes on you in the torrential downpour.  Father, help the creaking and groaning of my spirit to cease and bring the peace and the calm.
 
And as I wrote this, I saw a soft glow coming from my front room windows.  When I looked out this was the sight I beheld.  A reminder that after every storm, physical and spiritual, the sun comes out as a reminder that the SON is there behind the struggle. Thought it went well with our church sign. (sorry for the ugly phone wires).
 


Comments

  1. Terri, that is my favorite Bible verse. My husband is Retired Navy and he says, "Smooth seas don't make good sailors!" I think that is good advice!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that saying! Have a great weekend, Kathy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live