Rambling

I've been busy lately, and this week really has raced by.  I've been trying to take time each day to slow down and reflect a bit but it hasn't been easy.  Of course, this is always a busy time of the year anyway.


spent yesterday morning at a local antique shop, checking in my inventory and setting up my display area and I think it turned out great.  I'm amazed at how much you can actually squeeze into places with a little creativity.
 
I'm hoping I do well there as it is a highly trafficked area.  In fact, during the two hours I was there yesterday, a steady stream of people came in and it was only Wednesday.  I was able to get 20% off the monthly fee by working 8 hours a month so I'm looking forward to being out and about again and getting to know new people. 
 
I have four orders to fill so I'm busy the next few days and into next week, trying to get those done.  We are hosting a community Good Friday Service at our church on Friday night, as well as having an Easter breakfast and service.  I need to get next door to clean (it's my turn) as well as decorate the tables on Saturday for Sunday morning. 
 
I have a few things for an upcoming retreat.  Of course, my new book is looming over my head and it's hard to find time to work on it.
 
At the beginning of May I will be heading to North Carolina for ten days to care for my 91 year old grandmother so my mother and stepfather can go to a wedding and have a mini-vacation.  My mother has been the sole caretaker of my grandmother for over a year and she really could use a break.  My grandmother has diabetes and Alzheimer's.  I am bringing my laptop and am hoping to work on my book there.
 
I'm busy but I do enjoy it.  When I have nothing to do, I get bored.  I love being out and about, busy and productive.  It's definitely a good feeling at the end of the day!

Comments

  1. As a full time carer I know how much your mum will appreciate your being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the few days that we get to spend with you at the end of your stay with us. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live