Multitude Monday: Be a Blessing


I've been counting my blessings since 2010 and even though it's only been the last few years that I started numbering them, they are really too numerous to count.  The majority of those thankful moments have come when I am focusing on someone else.   It's in reaching and serving others that I find true joy and contentment.

This has been one of the reasons that this was one of the best Mother's Day weekends I've ever had.  That is because the focus was off myself and how I could bless someone else.  I'm loving this opportunity to care for my grandmother and to bless my mother.  The few times I've talked to my mom on the phone she has sounded much more relaxed than I've heard her in a long time.  She will be coming home to a clean house as well.

The blessing for me comes in finding ways I can minister to another person.  The times in my life when I feel self-centered, selfish and when it's all about ME, I do find that those are also the times when I am grouchy, complaining and just plain ungrateful.

I have been so blessed this week and my cup is overflowing with joy today!

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2431 - 2440

2431.  Being able to cook meals for my grandmother.  She loves to tell me at almost every single meal about how as a little girl I would tell her, "You're a good cooker, Grandma!" 

2432.  Dan got to spend Mother's Day with his mom which is something he hasn't been able to do for years. 

2433.  I received phone calls, texts and facebook messages from all three of my children, telling me how they love me.

2434.  Stephen is home for the month of May.  I can't wait to see him at the end of the week! 

2435.  Taking my grandmother to church.

2436.  I'm finding that we are in the middle of a heat wave at home, so I'm thankful that I'm here this week in an air conditioned house! ;-)  Of course, the heat wave temps are the normal temps for this time of year in North Carolina.

2437. Spending time reading, praying and gaining some clarity on things while I'm here.

2438.  Being able to clean for my mother. It's hard for her caring for my grandmother and all the other activities she does on top of being 73 years old.  So I'm thankful that I can bless her this way.

2439.  I am so thankful that I get to see my family in five days!

and finally...

2440.  The blessing that comes from blessing others.

Comments

  1. Kathy in IllinoisMay 11, 2015 at 9:37 AM

    Terri, you are one of the most unselfish people I know- always thinking of others. I'm glad you had a special Mother's Day. I had a lovely day too. Enjoy the rest of your time with your grandmother.
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'm glad you had a good day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.