Friday, May 8, 2015
I talk to Dan every day that I'm here either via phone call or text. I was so excited to hear that he turned the garden over for me yesterday and rototilled. So it should be ready for planting when I get back.
I'm so thankful to have a husband who holds down the fort when I'm away. Dan is not very demonstrative with flowery words or gifts. But he is rock solid and devoted in different ways. There are so many ways he shows his love on a daily basis and I confess, I often take it for granted. And that makes me feel bad. I want to do a better job of showing my love and appreciation for this man I married.
Some of the little ways he shows his love for me and his children...
* He does the dishes every single night.
* If there is a load of clothes in the dryer, he always pulls them out and folds them.
* He constantly puts his family's needs above his own.
* He drives his daughter to and from school each day so she doesn't have to ride the bus.
* He makes sure the cars are serviced regularly and he'll come in the house every now and then and say, "I noticed your car was low on gas so I filled it."
* He helps his children with whatever they need.
* He is available to talk to Stephen whenever he calls.
* He prays with me every night.
* He always wants to include his kids in an activity.
* He gives me back rubs whenever I ask.
* He makes the bed if I haven't done it.
* He lets me know he loves me all the time.
I love this guy I married. He is steady. He is faithful. He is my rock.