A Day Trip

 
We spent the day yesterday visiting Stephen at the campground where he is working this summer.  It's actually more like a resort and boy, would I love to stay there, but would never be able to afford it.  The least expensive accommodation with meals would cost us about $1,500 for the family to stay for a week which is not my idea of frugal living! :-)

But it is such a beautiful setting.  It is a Christian camp that is set in the Adirondack Mountain State Park.  There are nothing but forests, mountains and lakes surrounding it.  Stephen absolutely loves his job!  He gets to make sure the guests are comfortable, happy and he also gets to shuttle them around all summer. 

It was wonderful to see him so relaxed and happy. (Dan decided he needed to close his eyes at this exact moment).

 
He gave us a tour of the entire site which was beautiful.  We took him for lunch and he showed us around the area.  The low peaks of the Adirondacks are there and since it's only 2 1/2 hours away, we are planning on going on one of his days off and go hiking with him. I might be able to rope my aunt and uncle into coming since they only live 30 minutes from the camp and love the outdoors.


He has always loved nature and being outside so he truly has the perfect job for him this year.  On his days off he can go canoeing or hiking. 


I think I might like to work there too! ;-)

Comments

  1. That looks like a wonderful place to go! I'm sure Stephen is loving it with being outdoors alot in that beautiful country. What a wonderful job to have. Hope you get to go again on his day off and enjoy the day!
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal this summer is to enjoy it so we definitely want to go!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live