Renewing my Strength


As I'm sitting here this morning, I'm looking around at piles of laundry, empty boxes from an order that came, a pile of paperwork and numerous other bits of clutter.  It's been such a busy few weeks.  And I feel tired. 

I haven't slept well in months because of a problem with my shoulder that really needs to get fixed.  I struggle with diverticulitis from time to time and it's flared up the past three days.  Emily has a doctor's appointment this afternoon which is a 45 minute drive one way.  Someone is coming for dinner and I have a to do list three miles long. And I really could do some major whining this morning.

But...

I'm reminded of these verses in Isaiah 40.

Isaiah 40:27-31 (NIV) ~

Why do you complain, Jacob?
    Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
    my cause is disregarded by my God”?
Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


So I will trust the Lord for today.  I'm going to plug steadily away at my to-do list.  I'll see which items can wait until tomorrow. I'm not going to worry if my house isn't perfect.  I'll make dinner simple. 

But more importantly, I am going to make sure I spend time with the Lord today so that my strength is renewed!

Edited to add:  it's been two hours since I posted this and I've gotten two loads of laundry done, other laundry put away, both bathrooms scrubbed top to bottom, the kitchen cleaned up, a dinner plan in mind and the main dish in the crockpot and a few other things put away. "Thank you God for your strength when I just see my weakness!"

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.