Monday, July 13, 2015

Vacation Frugal Fun - Day #1

 


 










Today began the first day of our vacation and because we are on a tight budget, I'm trying to keep the costs down.  We chose to go spend it with Stephen.  I think he's been feeling a bit homesick and even his cousin who works at the same camp he does, noticed it.  So we postponed our plans for a day and headed off to the Adirondacks this morning since Monday is his day off.  I am thankful that it's only 2 1/2 hours a way so it's an easy day trip.

Nathan had to work so it was just Dan, Emily and I.  I packed a picnic lunch and water to save some money and we headed off at 7:45 this morning.  We picked Stephen up and went off to one of the smaller mountains nearby his camp to go hiking.

It was such a beautiful day with lots of sunshine.  It's been quite a while since I've hiked up any inclines so let's just say I wasn't too impressive in my pace.  Even now, my knees are killing me and my legs are like jelly but I made it to the top and was so thankful I did.  The views were spectacular!

We also checked out a nearby waterfall as well as a few other places where the views were beautiful.  We took Stephen out to dinner before dropping him back off at camp with some goodies.  Overall, it was a wonderful day!

Total cost - gas + $44 for dinner.  I think posting it here will keep me motivated to have fun, yet find ways to save a bit. 

Tomorrow, Emily and I head out for our own little adventure!