Vacation Frugal Fun - Day #4


Today was sunny and beautiful, with low humidity which is my favorite kind of weather.

We decided we wanted to hike so headed further up the mountain behind us and into the woods.  It is so pretty here and it's been fun reliving childhood memories.

I knew there used to be huckleberries on the old airstrip that sits up the mountain so I brought a bucket just in case.  I'm glad I did because it was full of berries. They are going into pancakes in the morning.


was surprised that Dan and Nathan were so willing to help because usually the thought of picking berries brings groans. Lol




On the way down we ran into raspberry bushes so got some of those too which I turned into sauce to put over ice cream tonight.


The rest of the day has been so relaxing. Fishing, ping pong, frisbee golf, writing and visiting with my sister.  She had is down for lunch as well as a missionary couple from Paraguay.

We just finished up dinner and will be playing some board games later.

Total cost today - $0.  Memories - priceless!

Comments

  1. Memories are so much more important than costs. So glad you are having such a lovely restorative time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live