Family








 
 




We spent a fun couple of days with my family, celebrating my mother's 73rd birthday and my stepfather's 83rd birthday.  It was a special time.  My parents haven't seen Dan or the kids in two years so they got to catch up.  My grandmother was there.  My uncle and aunt came and we haven't seen them in years.  In fact, the last time they saw my children was when Nathan was a toddler.  I got to spend a bit of time with some of my 6 nieces and nephews.

My brother-in-law is the director of a retreat center and because it's hard for my grandmother to get around and do stairs, we all ate together up in the dining hall of the center.

I spent the past two days in an industrial kitchen with my sister, cooking and baking for about 20 people.  Even though it was tiring and I think I got out of the kitchen for about two hours yesterday, it was still enjoyable working together.  We laughed.  We cried.  We picked on each other.  We talked.

Dan came back yesterday morning with Nathan since Nate had to work, and Emily and I stayed until after dinner.  As we drove away, she said, "I love our family."  That made the trip worthwhile!

Comments

  1. It looks like a most enjoyable time Terri. Time spent with a loving family is always rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.