Old-Fashioned


I heard a new one yesterday.  Someone said I reminded them of women in olden days who made their own bread, jams, soaps and other products.  I know I feel pretty old at times. She meant it as a compliment and I took it that way. :-)

 
 
 
 
 
 
As I looked through some of my photos, I realized that she may be right! I am old-fashioned in the sense that I make just about everything from scratch. 

I stood in the store one night and decided I was going to purchase tortillas since I'm not a fan of rolling them out.  I stood in front of the display of tortillas for about 10 minutes and ended up walking out without them.  I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for cardboard tasting circles! 

What started out as a way to save some money and deal with my daughter's food allergies has turned into a lifestyle.

Yep, I'm old-fashioned and I like it! :-)

P.S.  I know over the past few weeks many of you have asked me various questions about one thing or another.  I always try to answer direct questions right under yours in the comment section of the post.  So don't forget to go back and check there.  Onesme, I answered your question about the balms there.  A few of you asked for the recipe for scones and I posted a link to it under your questions on that post. 



Comments

  1. Old fashion is a good thing. Some of the sweets that can be purchased in the store are not near as good as home made. I think it is great that you know how to do all the things that you do. There may come a time when you will need those skills just to survive. I for one would call you very talented rather than old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baking looks delicious! I mostly cook from scratch too. And when I do try a box mix, they never taste as good as homemade either,

    Wondering what the long blue thing in the last photo is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A customer asked me to make outdoor cushions for her and that is one of them. Have a great day, Rhonda!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.