Multitude Monday

 
 




 
 


 
After church yesterday, Dan and I headed out to one of our favorite spots to walk and talk.  I'm trying to squeeze in every moment I can outdoors before the weather turns cold.  Yesterday was beautiful.  Sunshine, cool temperatures and the signs of fall.  Autumn is my favorite season!
 
I'm looking forward to pumpkins, apple picking, cider and donuts, and beautiful colors.  One of my most favorite things in September is our women's retreat that our district has each September.  That's coming up this week and I'm taking an extra day and a half to go down and spend some time writing.  I'm trying to get a book finished and it's coming together very slowly.
 
I've been fighting down the crafting/sewing urge because I have inventory everywhere and am resolved to stick with decision to end the business at the end of the year.  But it's very strange because for the past 5 years this has been my busy time, filling orders for Christmas.  However, I'm more involved in our district's women's group and something has to give.
 
As I was feeling torn one day, a thought popped into my mind which made me laugh.  I thought to my self, "Okay dummy!  God called you into ministry years ago so what is more important when you stand before him some day?"  "Soap and sewing or people?"  lol   I have these type of conversations to myself all the time.
 
I've also been busily getting ready for a Fall Festival that I'm organizing for our community and a really neat answer to prayer happened. The district superintendent of schools gave us permission to send the flyer home in all the elementary schools in our district.  There are three of them though I have decided to just send it to the school in our town which houses 300 students.  I'm not sure our church could handle it if hundreds showed up! :-)
 
The tennis season is short here for the girl's team and will be done in early October so Emily has had 2-3 matches a week so I'm pleased that I've had time to go see her matches.  Last year I was so busy with the shop that I think I made it to 2 the whole season.
 
I'm afraid I don't have much inspiration for you this Monday.  It's more of a multitude of jumbled thoughts coming out! :-)
 
I am so very thankful for the many ways that God has His hand on our lives so rather than list them all, I'm just going to say that I feel blessed today!  I hope you do too!

Comments