Sunday, September 13, 2015

My War Room


I haven't yet seen the movie, The War Room, and I'm not sure if I will get a chance and usually I just get annoyed at some of those type of movies for more reasons than I can list here.  But I do like the idea of having a place to do battle before the throne of God.  Mine tends to be outdoors.

As I walk and breathe in the scents and see the beautiful sights and feel the lovely breeze on my face, I spend time communing with my Lord.  Yesterday, I took some time walking, photographing and praying. 


I did battle for a friend's sorrow and stress as she deals with a family member who has cancer.


I poured out my heart for a situation that one of my children is facing.


I walked and prayed about our upcoming fall festival, asking for a good attendance, great weather and that hearts would be touched.


I prayed for my husband as he leads this group of people, and I prayed for different ones in our congregation.


There were so many other things I prayed about and the woods are a good place to do that.  It's quiet.  It's secluded and it's a wonderful place to commune with the Lord.

 
I could have stayed there all day


Psalm 121:1-2 (NLT) ~
 
I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!