When You Feel Small in a Big World


Overwhelming problems  Death.  Destruction.  Evil.  Sickness.  Disease.

What is one to do in the midst of a big world full of huge problems?  It can make you feel overwhelmed and small.  How can I help?  What good is my life in this little corner of a massive world? 

Not much if I expand my horizons too far.  Yet, if I look around at my little circle of influence, there are many ways that my light can shine through.

 
I can reach out and hug someone.  I can listen to one person.  I can pray with and for a friend.  I can make a meal, write a note, or give a gift.  I can inconvenience myself to help my neighbor. 

Imagine what would happen if every person reached out to just one or two other people in their lives.  It would be world-changing.  You don't have to try and meet every problem in the world.  Just meet the problem right next door.

Look around and see who you can help in your neighborhood or job.  Then do it.



To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
 
 

Comments

  1. Love the post, I think we all feel blue once in a while. I know I have. Sometime, I feel that I am just going through the motions sometimes, not really appreciating life.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live