Lesson Learned


I'm sharing this picture as a reminder to myself that there is a reason I should keep my computer off until after I have my quiet time with the Lord!  As I look at it, I feel peaceful.  I feel calm.  I feel centered.

And that is how I feel after I spend time in God's word and prayer.  When I commune with the Lord, I come away feeling that same peace and calm that I do when I spend time outdoors in a peaceful setting. 

However, this morning, I turned on my phone FIRST.  The first thing that popped up was a text from my son, Nathan, from last night.  Apparently, he had texted me from work and was extremely frustrated and upset that they still have not done anything about his situation there.  Of course, my stomach knotted up.

The second thing was an email with a request for a bunch of jams.  That in itself is not stressful, but I immediately felt pressure that I needed to add that to my to-do list.  The third was an email that something I had hoped would work out will not. 

I came out into the living room and saw that my answering machine was flashing with a message that I missed last night.  And that reminded me, because it is by our front door, that a package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday didn't make it. 

YIKES!  I started to give up and just start in on my day.  However, I shut down the computer and phone, spent time with the Lord and have that peaceful feeling back.

Lesson learned!

Comments