Christmas Cookies



I realized yesterday that I need to start thinking about my Christmas baking.  In years past, I started in October and started putting the cookies in the freezer.  However, we just don't have the freezer room and I've been busy, so I haven't done anything yet.


Stephen comes home tonight for Thanksgiving and we always decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, so I wanted to have a few family favorites ready.



I try to do a new cookie each year, but I think I'm going to stick to the old favorites.  They are used not only for us, but for church and various events and gifts.

Here is the plan this year: 

Cinnamon pinwheels
Peppermint chocolate crunch cookies
Swedish ginger thins
Andes mint cookies
Chocolate candy cane kiss cookies
Bizcochitos
Brandy snaps
Spritz

Snickerdoodles
Christmas meringues


When Emily gets home from school today, I'm going to rope her into helping me with a batch.  My girl has been off lately and I'm hoping this will restore her good spirits. 

How can cookies not make you smile. :-)

Comments