Clearing my Head



I really struggle with living a balanced life at times and I'm so thankful that I have a husband who recognizes that and encourages me to manage things differently.  I was feeling so down and depressed yesterday afternoon because of my own silliness and Dan suggested we get out by the lake and go for a walk.  Of course, I did not want to do it, but he kept telling me I'd feel better if I got out. 

I finally listened to him and he was right.  My head cleared, my spirits lifted and I got my perspective back.  To top it all off, it was about 70 degrees yesterday with no breeze so it was absolutely beautiful by the lakeshore. 

The smell of dead leaves was in the air.


There are still quite a few leaves on the trees so the colors are still pretty in places.



Chipmunks and squirrels were scampering everywhere.


The lake was calm and peaceful.

 
I'm so glad Dan talked me into this because the rest of my day was not so peaceful.  I really think if I hadn't gone I would have had a major meltdown later as I had to help Nathan through a bad patch yesterday afternoon.  Then last night, I got a text from Stephen that he was on his way to the emergency room because his eardrum ruptured.  He is better but it's not the kind of text you want from your son.
 
Needless to say, since I was feeling relaxed and calmer, I dealt with it far better than I would have done! 
 
Since today is the supposed to be the last warm, beautiful day for a while, Dan suggested I head back to the lake today.  I'm going to bring my new book that I'm editing and work on it there as well as take a walk through the woods.
 
Sometimes, I need to remember to take a break and get outside in the fresh air, and clear my head!

Comments

  1. Fresh air is such a healer. I know that if I am down I need to go outside and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in nature always is good for our souls, Terri. You can hear God speak through nature. Praying for you and your family and especially Nathan.
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.