Repurposing

Yesterday, a Facebook friend posted a picture of some metal lockers she picked up and was looking for ideas of how to use them in her home.  It was interesting to hear all of the different ideas on how to use items for a different purpose.

Yet, as I look around my home, I have done that with numerous pieces.  It's a fun and creative way to use what I already have instead of purchasing an item I can't afford.  I had to laugh because I have done this for years before it became popular.  It was a result of having very little money or space.

We no longer have a desktop computer and this piece of furniture was just sitting in the middle of my living room taking up space.  Since we gave away our entertainment center before we moved here, I decided to use the computer workstation desk for our television.  Works perfect and gave me some extra space for pictures and whatnot!

 
I picked up this old style school desk to use in one of my vendor booths a while back.  I no longer need it for my craft items at that store so I brought it home and it makes a great table and also gives me a little spot to store the laptop.
 

I also have a small dresser that I have no use for in the bedrooms so instead, I use it to store our DVDs in the living room.


Someone gave me a bookshelf years ago and I turned it into shelves for my pantry items in the kitchen.
 

There are so many ways you can do this.  Look around your house and see if something can be repurposed rather than purchasing an item you don't necessarily need.

Comments

  1. Dear Terri, you are so creative! It all looks very very nice and inviting! Joy and blessings to you and your family this day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live