Wednesday Words of Encouragement

Romans 8:28 (NIV) ~

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

There are only two more sleeps before Christmas and you would think that I'd have some sort of wonderful Christmas message for you today.  But instead, an offhand remark by a friend, started my mind whirring and God gave me these words today.

With the help of a job coach from a state agency that works with adults with disabilities, Nathan has been applying to multiple places the past six weeks.  So far, he got one interview,  and then a call-back which never panned out.  Yesterday morning he received a call from someone who wanted him to come in right that moment for an interview.  There was no time to mentally prepare.  He had just woken up and didn't even know where he was going.  I sent him off with my GPS and asked a group of friends to join me in prayer for him.

When he came back, he wasn't enthused about the interview.  The gentleman told him that he was taking a huge risk if he hired him and that he had 90 days to prove himself or he was out!  And he didn't say it nicely.  I told Nathan that it really didn't sound like the type of place he would want to work if the man was already talking like that and had just met him.

Anyway, the comment my friend made was that even though it wasn't the job for Nathan, this situation would help him be able to prepare for those unexpected, last minute things and that "God doesn't waste anything."

And she is right.  God uses all the things that happen to us in our lives and works through them to give us something beneficial.  It may be a lesson He wants us to learn.  Or to depend upon Him more in the midst of difficult times.  It may be He wants us to develop more faith or patience or another trait.  Whatever it is, we can be assured that God is doing a work in us through all those little annoying, troublesome and sometimes, tragic things that happen.

So my message to you this Christmas is to be encouraged in the fact, that God is working in your life.  He loves you more than any earthly person ever could.  When we trust Him and allow Him to do so, He can work through the hard times.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. Praising God this morning for speaking to me, through you!!! My very pray this morning was “God, I don’t understand………But, I know you have a plan & it’s for my good & your Gloria. And, I praise you for it”. Thank you so much for all you word of encouragement!!!
    Merry Christmas to you, Dan & the family! Love you, Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I listened to that Holy Spirit nudge then! Merry Christmas, Bea. Love you too! Please send Scott our best!

      Delete
  2. Very good. God doesn't any situation s. He's in control and wants what is best for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.