Chit Chat

 


Today is going to be one of those chatty posts with nothing too inspirational being said.  ;-)

I had to clean out my items from one of the local shops because they are closing their doors and relocating to a place out of town.  That means, I have piles of clutter everywhere.  So my week has been spent trying to find homes for much of it, including these glass jars. 

I washed them out and then decided they would be perfect to store my dried beans, flours and seeds.  I can see what I have at a glance and it frees up some space in my cupboards.



Of course, it's a little discouraging because once I take my things out of the other two shops, I will have to start all over.  It seems as if housekeeping and getting rid of clutter never ends, does it?

I'm working on my goal of being disciplined this year and so far it's been okay.  Every so often I have to remind myself, "It doesn't matter if you don't feel like doing this activity, get up and get moving!"  Once I give myself that little pep talk, I generally get up and do whatever needs to be done.

I've gotten in such lazy habits the past two years so I'm fighting down lazy urges that have taken root.  It's not easy and we are so quick to fall into those terrible habits.  It's difficult to wrestle with your own inclination to give in to those sloppy ways.

The other day, I took all the decorations off the tree but now need to take down the tree and put the rest of the Christmas decorations away.  I also need to work on my bedroom and find a place to store things.  This house has a total of three closets, one in each bedroom.  So trying to find room to store things is not easy and I need to get creative.

My sunroom looks like a bomb went off in it and that's because Stephen is home from college.  The poor guy doesn't have a bedroom since we moved here and that is the only place for him to sleep.  He camps out on the futon with the things he brought home with him strewn all around him.  When I talk about him making it look neat he says, "It looks neat to me!"  lol   He is returning to college on the 18th so I guess I can live with it a little bit longer.

Anyway, that's how my week is going.  How are your goals for the new year coming along? I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Terri, my goals for the new year are to TRUST God more and to stay CALM when things go wrong. So far, so good. I am reading the book of Job now and I'm sure that will help. You will miss Stephen's mess when he leave so just enjoy it now!!
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys! they like their own space don't they!
    I have always like the look of glass jars in a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, I love your jars with the things stored in them. Looks nice! I've been waking up after only a few hours of sleep, and thinking maybe I should just get up and do something. LOL Actually would be a great time to read the Bible or other inspirational reading. I could use my kindle and not disturb the husband.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live