Multitude Monday









After a month at home, Stephen heads back to college today.  Things will settle back into a normal rhythm.  But I will miss the activity.  I've loved having Steve here and the house will seem too quiet and empty without him.  But it's part of life and seeing my children grow up.

Emily's young man headed back home yesterday and we had an enjoyable weekend with him.  He's very nice. He's homeschooled, an Eagle Scout and seems to be very grounded. I've seem my daughter blossom this year into a mature young lady with a good head on her shoulders.  She's always been quite finicky about the boys she has liked and none of them have met her standards.  This one is a keeper.  She met him two years ago at our denomination's winter teen camp and he lives out of state.  They've been friends and it has only recently blossomed into more than friendship.

My family has always been a part of my blogging and it's been so different the past couple years which has made it difficult.  There are no more cute pictures of them doing little kid activities.  But, like life, this blog has changed too.  It's still about our life but seems to be more on the musings and inspirational side rather than just every day life. 

Life changes so quickly, doesn't it?  But, as always, I have so much for which to be thankful.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2623-2636.

2623.  Family dinners around the table.

2624.  Laughter over board games.

2625.  Flowers from a friend.

2626.  Beautiful worship.

2627.  A son who loves his classes and is maturing.

2628.  The taste of homemade waffles and sausage in the morning.

2629.  The giggles of children over something I say.

2630.  Young love.

2631.  Sunday afternoon naps.

2632.  The beauty of a changing sky.

2633.  The pristine look of new fallen snow.

2634.  Snuggling into crisp, clean sheets at the end of a long day.

2635.  Praying over a friend who will be going through surgery this week.

and finally....

2636.  The rhythm of every day life.

Comments

  1. How nice to hear about Emily's young man , he looks very pleasant. I'm sure she is very discerning. You will miss Stephen, but we have to let them go , don't we? They all fly back at intervals. My daughter is coming over from Canada soon for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live