Tunnel Vision



As I woke up this morning on the first day of 2016 and continued to reflect on where I wanted to head this year, the Lord led me to these verses in Proverbs.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (HCSB) ~
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding;
  think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths
 
I know that discipline is what is needed in my life and my goals should be centered around those areas that need it most.  However, rather than overthink it, I realized that at the center of this is keeping my focus on the Lord.
 
I know exactly when I am centered and when I'm wobbling down bunny trails where I have no business going.  I know when I'm walking in the path God wants me to go because it's those times that I am disciplined and focused.  Everything else falls into place when I'm truly seeking what the Lord wants for my life.  And when I'm being undisciplined in the area of seeking God, I'm undisciplined in every area.

Normally I break my goals down into categories and make lists of what I want to accomplish under each category.  I'm doing it a bit differently this year.

In 2016 I have three simple goals:

  • Trust the Lord with all my heart and stop thinking with my emotions.
  • Spend time meditating on His word and in prayer daily.
  • Seek His will in all I do and WAIT to hear before I leap.

All the rest will fall into place when I have my focus where it should be.  Tunnel vision is usually talked about as a negative thing, but in this case it's necessary.  Tuning out all the "noise" and focusing in on God's will for my life is my goal.  My prayer in 2016 is that I will develop tunnel vision so that each area of my life will be rich and full.

Comments

  1. Those are good goals, Terri. I feel very ambivalent about the coming year and can only pray for good health for us both. I know the Lord has his hand on us and that is really all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, Barbara! Continuing to pray for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you are putting the Lord first, I am sure everything else will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live