Wednesday Words of Encouragement

I posted this about 7 months ago but it's a good reminder today too! :-)


Matthew 25:14-23 ~

“Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

“After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’  “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’ “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

Faithful with a few. 

I struggle at times in my life.  I struggled with dissatisfaction and discouragement.  I fight feeling depressed and even angry about different things.  I wrestle with a host of emotions that threaten to overwhelm from time to time.

I want to be faithful.  I want to keep plugging away even in the midst of feeling discouraged.  But I want something more.

I want to not feel the discouragement.  I want to be so content where the Lord has placed me and in the circumstances He  has allowed, so that I don't feel the dissatisfaction, discouragement, and anger.   

I want to be faithful with a few.  With the difficult.  With the small.

Even as a young girl I have prayed that the Lord would allow me to follow Him no matter where I am.  I have prayer journals dating back to my high school days and almost every prayer says, "Lord, allow me to serve you."  Perhaps I should have been more specific!  Lord, I want to serve you where I can see success.  I want to serve you in the easy situations.  I want to serve you when others notice.

However, this is where the rubber meets the road.  

Can I be faithful when my financial situation is difficult?  When I have a son who has a disability and life is hard every single day?  When I have health issues?  When things aren't going my way?  When I feel forgotten and alone?  When nothing exciting happens?  When others don't notice?

That is true faithfulness.  Moving forward step by step, every single day no matter what happens. 

My desire is to remain faithful.  To keep my eyes on the Lord.  To keep plugging away, and here is the key, with joy! I'm not wanting to just say I was faithful.  I want to live a full life which means serving the Lord with joyfulness and contentment.  

When the end comes and I come before God, I want to hear Him say, 

"Well done, good and FAITHFUL servant.

I want that for you too.  As women who follow Christ, keep on keeping on in faith. 

Comments

  1. Trust in the Lord always, for He is Good. Like you I just want to follow Him, and to just know the truth, nothing more and nothing less. Have a Blessed Day. Woo xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.