Some Questions for Reflection


Henri Nouwen ~

"Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come."

I read this one day and it struck a chord with me.  My life is fairly insignificant.  I'm not famous.  I'm not important.  I'm basically a nobody in the world's eyes.  But I can make a difference to my circle of influence.

These are questions that I ask myself on a regular basis, even if it means that it's only my family of which I'm asking.

Did I offer peace to my friends and family today?


Did I bring a smile to my husband or children?


 Did I speak words of healing to my church family?

Did I live a life of peace and contentment or am I full of anger and resentment?

Did I forgive those who hurt me?


Did I love unconditionally or did I expect something in return?

And the ultimate questions, Am I showing Christ to those I meet?  Am I bearing fruit?


I'd love to say that the answer all of the time is "yes."  More often, than not, I fail.  I stumble and fall or just willfully refuse to do this.  But when I think of all that the Lord has done for me, how can I not want to become more like Him in my relationships?

I'm a work in progress, as are you.  My desire is to keep moving forward and bear fruit that lasts.  I want to reflect His image to those around me.  That will only happen as I continually stay in tune to the Holy Spirit's voice in my life, and as I continue to reflect on these questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live