Valentine's Day


It's been such a strange Valentine's Day weekend here but one that has been blessed none-the-less.  Dan never was able to go get Stephen for the weekend because of snow.  I've spent the week in pain on the couch and finally headed to the doctor on Friday to discover that I may have a torn meniscus. 

So needless to say, I haven't been able to do a lot of standing on my feet which includes grocery shopping.  Dan & I started celebrating Valentine's Day as a family quite a few years ago and it's always been a fun time of having a special meal.

However, it really wasn't on my mind because it was hard to move.  The doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory to get through until I can get in to have an MRI, and that has actually helped me to feel better the past two days.

Yesterday I was supposed to have a children's art and cooking class but that got cancelled due to a lake effect snow storm which left me with dozens of cookies that I had made for the kids to frost.  I spent the afternoon yesterday decorating them to bring to church. 


This morning we woke to frigid temperatures and frozen pipes in our bathroom and the church which led to church being canceled and about 8 dozen cookies.  Next weekend Dan and I are taking a group of teens to winter camp and I froze most of the cookies to take with us.


However, even with all this going on, it has been a nice day.  My husband showed me his love by a special gift and washing countless dishes for me, as well as folding laundry.


I finally came up with a dinner plan even though my pantry is on the bare side.  Mexican shells are a new favorite around here.


Emily and Dan brought me home flowers on Friday night just because I was not feeling well.  I felt loved!


My plans got all changed around but it was a day to celebrate love and we did exactly that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live