Wednesday Words of Encouragement


Psalm 59:16-17 (NIV) ~

But I will sing of your strength,
    in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
    my refuge in times of trouble.
You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.

As I prayed over a situation yesterday afternoon, an image popped into my head of a medieval fortress.  These were designed to be a protection to the army in times of battle, as well as give them an advantage point of being able to see their enemies coming and be able to attack from above with arrows.

God is our fortress when we are going through rough times.  He is our safe place where we can retreat and rest up and gain strength.  He gives us wisdom so that we can see where the enemy attacks us from. 

When we are faced with a difficult situation, we often feel as if we are out in the open, vulnerable and alone.  But the truth is we are not alone.  God is always there and we can rely on Him.  He gives us the strength we need to face any attack thrown our way.

Rest in His fortress today.  Draw strength from Him. We are in a spiritual battle and though our enemy, the devil, loves to shoot arrows at us, he cannot penetrate the walls of God's fortress.

REMINDER:  Today is the last day to enter the blog drawing.  You can do that here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live