Back to Work


I'm back from North Carolina and had a lovely visit with my family.  Yesterday, I had a cortisone shot in my knee which is making it feel 100% better.  Hopefully, this will solve the problem so I won't end up needing surgery.  Now I'm ready to hunker down and get back to work!

As I sit at my desk this morning, I can tell spring is on the way.  Even though it snowed a bit overnight and the ground is covered with a white blanket, the sun has a different feel.  It's up earlier and sets later and is stronger.  Whoo-hoo!!!  It certainly lifts my spirits.

I've finished a couple of big projects but like all projects around here, there is usually something to replace them.  I have a children's art class that I'm teaching next weekend, centerpieces to make for an upcoming retreat, a speaking engagement to work on as well as my normal household chores.

Photobucket

One of the things I've been feeling depressed about is the total lack of inactivity I've felt the past few weeks as I was laid up with my knee.  It's difficult to lose weight when you can't walk.  However, even before the injection yesterday, the knee was starting to feel better and I've had much more mobility and able to do some cleaning.

Stephen will be home from college tonight for a week and I'm thankful for that.  I love when he's here and enjoy catching up with him.

I'm pretty sure that nap will be on the schedule as I didn't realize that one of the side effects of the steroid they injected me with, was going to be a night of zero sleep!

One of the things I've been frustrated with is that about a month ago I switched the blog over to a google+ profile.  Ever since then I've noticed that people can't comment unless they have a google account.  I've tried switching the profile back but the comments remain the same.  Then sometimes the comments are there one minute and have disappeared the next.  Irritating!

If you do want to leave a comment and are unable to do so, you can always click the contact me tab at the top of the page and fill out the little form (name, email and comment) and it will go directly into my email inbox.  I've missed some of you who normally leave comments!

Comments