My Heart Song

Psalm 104:33-34 (HCSB) ~

I will sing to the Lord
  all my life;
I will sing praise to my God
  while I live.
May my meditation
  be pleasing to Him;
I will rejoice in the Lord.

Yesterday morning as I walked out my back door to go over to the church, I noticed green shoots coming up from my bulbs in the garden.  The sun shone brightly and the skies were bright blue.  It was chilly, but I felt my spirits lift as I realized spring will soon be here.


My husband suggested we head off to sit by the lake after church.  He wasn't sure if I'd be able to do much walking because of my knee, but he knows me well.  Being outside in the fresh air is where my heart feels closest to the Lord.  The winter depression that I feel each year lifted as I soaked in the sun.  I heard myself humming. 


I was even able to walk about a mile with only a few twinges in my knee. 




We came home and enjoyed some more sights in my back yard. 



My heart sings at times like these.  I think the Lord made us in such a way that as we feel, see and hear his creation something within in us walks in communion with Him. There is a song that He wrote on our hearts that cries out.  During these times, I'm not worshipping the creation but the creator.

Psalm 148:1-6 (NIV) ~

Praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
    praise him in the heights above.
Praise him, all his angels;
    praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
Praise him, sun and moon;
    praise him, all you shining stars.
Praise him, you highest heavens
    and you waters above the skies.
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
    for at his command they were created,
and he established them for ever and ever—
    he issued a decree that will never pass away.


Comments