Our God is Greater


Back in September I spoke of the need to close down my sewing and craft business due to some increased ministry opportunities that were taking place in the spring.  For those who read this blog on a regular basis you know I wobbled back and forth on that decision for months.  Sometimes it's hard to let go of things, but I finally closed it down and haven't looked back once my items were out of the local shops.

Well, the time is looming near when I will be stepping into my new role as Director of Great Commission Women.  This is the arm of our denomination that provides support and care for our International Workers.  I will be overseeing the Great Commission Women's groups in the Northeastern District of our denomination (about 75 churches).  I'm not doing this on my own as I have a wonderful team of women around me and there are regional coaches responsible for individual churches, but it's a big responsibility and I do have to say that I'm approaching this with some fear and trepidation.

However, I realized the other day that it's silly to be fearful when God is greater than the task He has called me to do.  He called me, I have a team of capable women to work with, a family who is very supportive and the ability to do this (no matter how much I doubt myself). 

I serve a big God and He will provide me with the wisdom and skill to do this task.  My name has been submitted to our district nominating committee and I get voted in at our district conference the first week in May. 

I'd appreciate your prayers as I step into this new position.  Enjoy some Chris Tomlin this morning! :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live