Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Reason for Hope


Yesterday, I sat and made palm crosses out of palm branches for our service on Sunday.  As I was doing this, I had time to reflect and pray over the different situations in my life as well as for some friends. 

One of the reasons I love Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter is that it reminds me of the reason I can have hope even in the midst of trials and difficulties.  It's because of the sacrifice made for me, and the miracle that followed in the resurrection of Christ that I get up each day with a renewed joy. 

That is something that we sometimes take for granted.  We pay it lip service but truly don't understand what was done.  I'm so thankful for these reminders each year.  It is because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross that I can have joy, peace and hope each day of my life. It doesn't matter what valley I find myself in, I know that God will see me through and bring me through it.

Romans 15:13 (HCSB) ~

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.