The Reason for Hope


This morning I decorated with palm branches for our Palm Sunday service tomorrow. Normally, I make palm crosses out of the branches, but this year we purchased ready made crosses. I am planning on taking some of the branches and forming them into something for one of our prayer stations I am putting together for Good Friday.

One of the reasons I love Palm Sunday, Good Friday and Easter is that it reminds me of why I have hope no matter what trials or difficulty I'm going through. Each morning I wake up with renewed joy in my heart because of the sacrifice made for me and the miraculous resurrection of Christ. 

We sometimes take that for granted.  We pay it lip service, but often have a "meh" attitude about what was done for us. I'm thankful for these reminders each year.  It is because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross that I can have joy, peace and hope each day of my life. It doesn't matter what valley I find myself in, I know that God will see me through and bring me through it.

Romans 15:13 (HCSB) ~

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live