Through the Storm


As I was working on a project yesterday afternoon, I heard a clap of thunder.  The sky was dark and the thunder got louder and there were flashes of lightning.  Within a few moments, the skies opened up and it started pouring. 

A bit later as I looked out the window of my laundry room, I saw a beautiful sight.  The tops of the trees were lit up in a beautiful golden light.  The rain had stopped and the clouds had parted enough to let out a few rays of the sunset.  Just like that the storm was over.

My life can be like that too.  The skies cloud up as I'm faced with a storm in my life.  The thunder claps of worry sound repeatedly and lightning flashes fear into my soul.  It seems as if I'm drenched in problems.  Nothing goes right and I'm surrounded with struggles.

Yet, as I trust the Lord, the storm does break.  He parts the clouds enough to let me see His light shining through.  It's in those times of trust that a peace and calm settles over me.  And I realize that no matter how frightful they look, the storm clouds do eventually leave.

It's not always easy to trust, is it?   Yet, as we rely on God in the midst of trials and allow Him to work, He provides the way through the storm.  I'm still learning this lesson.

How about you?

Proverbs 3:5-6 (HCSB) ~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not rely on your own understanding;
think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths.

Comments