In a Creative Slump


I have been at a loss for inspiration lately, it seems.  I get up and sit down to write my blog as usual, and it feels as if there is nothing to say.  I haven't been taking pictures which usually inspires me.  In fact, I haven't been doing much of anything in the creative realm.  And lack of creativity is not a good sign.

I'm not sure why this is.  Perhaps, it's the dreary, wet weather.  Perhaps, it's the lack of fresh air.  This weekend is supposed to be beautiful so I'm thinking that I need to plan some sort of outing.  As I was tossing and turning at 3 a.m., I felt as if I'm in a creative slump

I also realized that the one thing that kept me out and about in the community was my business.  It was a way to meet new people, make connections and feel energized.  So I'm going to have to find some way to keep that part of myself which is the way I am wired.  Just sitting at home is not great for my mood or energy-level.  And when I'm not out and about, my mind begins to shrivel a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do and plan for, but getting out in the fresh air actually helps regenerate those creative thoughts and inspiration.

So at some point today I want to grab my camera, get out in the fresh air and walk.  I need to get up from my chair and get energized.  Hopefully, this will provide something more interesting for you to read than all my self-reflecting. ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments