Multitude Monday


John Piper ~

"Thanksgiving with the Mouth Stirs Up Thankfulness in the Heart"

As I read this quote this morning, I felt a resounding, "Ouch."  How many times do I walk around complaining and whining about my circumstances?  How often do I look at the negative, instead of the blessing?  How many times will I stomp on the gifts that God gives me because I refuse to be thankful?

I want to be thankful and eventually I do get there, but I truly wish I would learn to have an overflowing heart of thankfulness right from the start.  That is only going to happen if I continue to thank God with my mouth.  If I complain; I feel discontent.  If I talk about the negative, then I feel negative.  This is probably going to be a life long lesson for me, but one I want to excel in.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2691 - 2705.

2691.  My first meeting in my role of GCW Director went well.

2692.  Emily is better after being home sick from school all week.

2693.  An unexpected weekend visit from Stephen.

2694.  Steve has struggled with his generalized anxiety disorder for years, and certain things trigger the anxieties.  He's struggled over the past month, but his anxieties are calming down and he is doing much better.

2695.  Bright sunshine and warm temperatures this past weekend.

2696.  Walking with Emily through the woods, listening to her share some hurts and being able to offer some wisdom and advice.

2697.  A beautiful memorial service, honoring the 100 years of a wonderful man who recently passed away.

2698.  The faithful love of my husband.

2699.  Keeping Dan safe on the road as he drove the 10 hours round trip to pick Stephen up and take him back to college.

2700.  Nathan was able to get transferred to a different department at his job.  The hours aren't wonderful but he will have less pressure and be able to do a job that better fits his ability.  I'm so thankful that he is learning to advocate for himself.

2701.  Good fellowship over a potluck luncheon at church.

2702.  Accountants who work hard to do our taxes and realizing we don't owe anything this year.  Whew!

2703.  Spring flowers.

2704.  My children are very merciful and compassionate and meek.  Unfortunately, that gets them stomped on by their peers quite a bit.  As a mom, my heart hurts for them, yet I do realize that God is developing their characters so they can be used by Him later down the road.  So I'm thankful that I can keep trusting Him to work in their lives.

and finally...

2705. Speaking words of thanksgiving.

Psalm 89:1 (NKJV) ~

I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever; With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.

Comments