Multitude Monday


My heart is overflowing with thankfulness to the Lord this morning.  I often feel like this. There is no way to repay the Lord for all the many things He has done for me except to keep doing the work He has given me to do. I'm so grateful to Him!

Psalm 116:12-14 (HCSB) ~


How can I repay the Lord...
for all the good He has done for me?
I will take the cup of salvation
and call on the name of Yahweh.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all His people.

As I barreled down highways through the Adirondack Mountains this weekend on my way to two different speaking engagements, I was able to spend concentrated time in prayer and praise.  I was reminded once again of how blessed I am. 

As I listened to women share their hurts with me, I realized the wonderful privilege I have of being in ministry.  I don't have it altogether.  I mess up and make mistakes.  But I also have a heart to serve the Lord and I'm willing to be vulnerable and transparent.  It's in that willingness to bare my heart and share that others feel free to open up theirs too.  And that is sweet because we then know how to pray for one another.  Often there may be something I'm going through and sharing how the Lord saw me through it that will help another going through something similar.  I believe that is the way God intended His church to be.

So I will keep on doing the work and thanking God for His blessings.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2706 - 2718

2706.  A week of reuniting with fellow friends in ministry from around our district.

2707.  A son that's home for the summer.

2708.  A husband who is so incredibly flexible and willing to let me go off for the weekend.


2709.  Getting an overnight visit with my aunt and uncle.


2710.  Speaking to 60 women at a luncheon and having my message touch each of them in a different way.  Only God can do that.

2711.  The privilege of praying for another friend who was also speaking this weekend.

2712.  The incredible hospitality of friends who let me stay overnight in their home.

2713.  Laughter!  It's good for my spirits.

2714.  Enjoying the incredible beauty of the Adirondacks.

2715.  Sunshine while traveling.

2716.  A family who spoiled me rotten when I got home.


2717.  Wonderful gifts - both handmade and purchased.

2718.  A sweet night of sleep in my own bed.

Comments