Scarred


As I was sitting in my recliner and reading my Bible this morning, I looked down at my knees. I had surgery a few years ago on them, and have scars on on either side of both knees from the incisions. These scars are the marks of the surgery I had. They are slight because I had a very good surgeon.

I also carry other scars. They are the scars from spiritual battles that I have been in. Battles of struggling against sin and past mistakes. There are deep scars from emotional wounds inflicted upon me. Most of the time, I don't notice them. But every now and then they twinge and ache. Something triggers a memory which causes the scar to throb.

But I also know that when I allow God to work in my life to heal those wounds, my scars are minimal.  When the Master Surgeon works on me one will hardly notice my scars, and often I am so completely healed that no scar is left at all.

Psalm 147:3 (HCSB) ~

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

I'm thankful that the Great Physician works on those wounds.  When I look back on some of the worst wounds that have been inflicted upon me, I often can't find the scar or the hurt. What was so hurtful and present in my life, is now a very distant memory.  And when that happens, I rejoice because I know how completely I have been healed.

I may be scarred, but the scars are not very noticeable and no longer bring pain. That is the reason I can rejoice today. If you've been hurt and wounded, allow the Lord to work on your wounds. His healing can be so complete that one day you may not even be able to find the scar.

Comments