The First Day of Summer








We had a wonderful weekend, celebrating my nephew's graduation as well as Father's Day.  I'm treasuring these moments we have with family as we all are getting older and you never know how long you have with someone.

So we spent the weekend chatting, swimming (some of us), playing tennis, going for ice cream, and enjoying one another's company.  I do wish was that we had another day so we could have spent some more time with Dan's sister and family. 

The dads enjoyed their Father's Day gift.  I gave my stepdad and father-in-law a cookie of the month club "membership" and will be making and sending them a different type of cookie all year long.  Dan got a pie of the month since he loves pie and I don't have to ship those. 

We left yesterday afternoon and got home around 9:30 last night.  It was a good weekend.  Emily has a final this afternoon and then school is done for her for the school year.  I'm looking forward to summer!

We have a number of things happening this summer which should be fun. 


Our first week of vacation will be spent at our district's family camp
A college tour with Emily
A missions trip
A visit from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law
Vacation

In years past it seems like summer is a time when I'm moving or dealing with business or a garden.  I have none of that this year and my plan is to enjoy every moment!

What are your plans for summer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live