We Will Love


My heart is breaking for the families of the victims of the Pulse night club massacre on Sunday morning.  As I've mulled over this all day long, I knew that eventually some of the hate groups would weigh in.  And sure enough, I saw on the news today that a certain church is rejoicing today over the death of so many in the LGBT community.

Where is the love of Christ?  And sadly, this is the view that many people think Christians have.  I'm thankful that I'm part of a denomination where the desire to reach people for Christ is shown first and foremost by the mantra, "We will love" not by hatred and condemnation.

My heart is hurting today.  I can't even imagine the pain that those parents, friends, family and neighbors are feeling.  I don't understand what drives some to kick, spit on, and mock those who are already devastated.  I do know that Christ is not reflected in those that do this.

Please continue to pray for these precious families who are hurting.  I have family members and friends who are part of this community.  I want them to know how much God values them and sees straight through to their heart and wants them to come into a relationship with Him. 

I do know one thing.  As believers we should be able to say and show the statement, "we will love."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live