Fruit Salad


I love fruit!  Often I will combine different fruits and make a big fruit salad.  I will eat some of that for all three meals.  It's refreshing and low calorie.  Fruit is good for you!

Which is why I love the verses in Galatians that talks about the fruit of the Spirit.  It's good for you, as well as those around us when we exemplify them.

Galatians 5:22-23 (HCSB) ~

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Unfortunately, the place I seem to struggle with this the most is with my own family.  It's easy to show fruit to those outside my four walls, but I often seem to forget to dish out a serving of fruit at home. 

I'm working on showing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control to my husband and children.  The thing about living by the fruit of the Spirit is that the more the fruit flows out of me at home, the more my family begins to reflect that fruit too.

I don't want to show just one type of fruit either.  I want to be a big fruit salad!  That will happen with prayer, practice, and persistence.

Have you had your fruit today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live