Multitude Monday


Many days when I open up my Facebook to see what's going on in my friends, family and acquaintances lives, I'll see wonderful pictures and positive posts.  But many days I also read words of complaint, discontent and at times, verbal vomit.  It's so easy to fall into the trap of spending the majority of our lives complaining instead of being thankful.  Or to think that if my circumstances were different then I would be happy.

Every now and then I too fall into the trap of wanting to take to my keyboard to launch a complaint but then I'll remember these verses in Colossians.


Colossians 3:15-17 ~

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


We are reminded three times here to be thankful.  We are told to let Christ's words flow out of us.  And to give thanks to the Lord for what He has done in our lives.  When I give thanks, I'm not just being a Pollyanna, looking for rainbows everywhere.  I'm living out my faith in a good God who gives us good gifts.  Even when things seem to be going wrong and I'm in crisis, I trust Him to work it out for my good.  Being thankful should be one of the marks that set us apart as believers in Jesus Christ.  I want to be known for my thankfulness rather than my complaining, and the truth is that unless I can learn the lesson of being thankful no matter what, I'll never be happy or content.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2766-2777.


2766.  A relaxing week of vacation.

2767.  Creativity in saving money.

2768.  A visit from my cousin and her daughter.

2769.  A good heart to heart with Stephen.

2770.  Abundant blackberries.

2771.  Getting to sleep late each day last week.

2772.  Cooler temperatures.

2773.  Getting a good chunk of my to-do list done.

2774.  A great turnout for a Bible study on Wednesday night.

2775.  Encouragement from friends.

2776.  My husband who has a wonderful relationship with all three of his children.

and finally...

2777.  Giving thanks for all things in every circumstance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live