Muscle Building


It was such a busy weekend and one in which I didn't do much relaxing. Saturday was taken up with a children's program, cleaning the church and typing up and copying bulletins as well as things around the house.  The majority of my Sunday afternoon was spent canning.  It has been so hot here and yesterday the humidity finally dropped.  So I took advantage of the cooler temperatures in the afternoon and started working on processing the fruit and vegetables I had.


I canned the 6 pints of sauerkraut that had been sitting in brine.  I made another 7 pints of bread and butter pickles.  I made 6 - 1/2 pints of blackberry jelly. 


I made a batch of cheese - queso blanco.



I plan on making bread out of the leftover whey from the cheese.


This time of the year is busy but I enjoy it.  I spend time praying while I cook or can.  I reflect on different things.  It's a good time of mentally thinking through a problem. 

I was tired last night and fell asleep almost immediately and slept hard until 6:30 this morning.  Today will be spent canning diced tomatoes, making bread, doing some sewing as well as some computer work. 

It'll be another busy day but one in which I hope to get much done.  Praying for strong arms today.  I'm working on building up some muscles.  ;-)

Proverbs 31:17 (NIV) ~

She sets about her work vigorously;    her arms are strong for her tasks.

Comments