Transparency


Throughout the years, I have been told that I'm transparent.  I easily share my feelings.  I don't try to hide things.  I'm a fairly open book.  And by that, I don't mean I share every last thing in my life, but I certainly wouldn't be called reserved.

I looked up the meaning of transparent this morning.

Transparent -
a. light to pass through so that objects behind can be distinctly seen.

b. Easy to perceive or detect.

Yep.  That sums up who I am.  Because in all the times I share and am transparent, my desire is to point people to the Lord.  I want them to see Him in me.  I want them to know that even when I struggle, my desire is to please and serve God.

Being transparent can be painful.  Sometimes it means opening myself up to criticism or misunderstanding.  It means I have to be vulnerable.  Some people don't like transparency.  But my desire is that God's light would shine through me and people would be able to see Him.  And that makes the vulnerability worthwhile.

Matthew 5:16 (NIV) ~

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live