Seriously?




There are many things that make me cry.  My family knows that and loves me anyway. ;-)  But one thing that really tugs at my heart strings and brings tears to my eyes is the Word of God.  Even at a young age I was like that.  My heart has always been compliant and ever since I was a young teenager, I have desired to follow God.  And I want to instill that love for God and his word in others.

As you know, I have written four devotionals, but one thing that I've been wanting to write for a long time is a Bible study.  And one of my favorite books of the Bible is James.  It is a small book with only 5 chapters but very challenging.  It brings us to a place where our faith intersects with our actions and James challenges us to walk our talk.

When I write I tend to do things backwards.  I generally come up with a rough title first and then begin writing.  In this case, I've done that, but also decided to start teaching through this book as I write.  Weird, I know.  But it works for me.



Yesterday I started the first lesson for the ladies in our church.  I think it went well and we stumbled upon some new insights.  So I'll be busy plugging away at this over the next few months.  In the meantime, I want to leave you with my rough title and the direction I'm heading with it.  I've subtitled the study of James with the words, "Where the Rubber Meets the Road" because if we profess Christ then we do need to show that by our words and actions.  A tough challenge, but one worth hearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live