Working Out





Bad attitudes, unkind words, impatience and stinking thinking have been flying around my house lately.  I've come to a realization that the worst culprit is me!  I wake up and feel the stinkiness oozing out of me and I feel kind of helpless to stop it. And that stink permeates everything and soon our whole household wreaks with the stench!

But, just as losing weight won't happen without hard work and determination, neither will those bad habits that I've developed.  God isn't going to miraculously clap a hand over my mouth nor keep my attitude from spiraling downhill.  He doesn't work that way.  He expects me with His help to do the hard work of changing.

And it is very hard.  It's exercise.  It requires working those attitude and mouth muscles and forcing them into new ways of thinking and responding.  But the more that you do it, the easier it becomes and the less those muscles scream in resistance.

So I'm working out by responding with kindness, being joyful in my own attitude, not reacting or overreacting, and mentally preparing myself for conversations before they happen.

And the wonderful thing is that the more I exercise, the more positive affect there is on the rest of the household.  So I'm doing the hard thing and working out.  But the results are worth it!

Proverbs 14:1 (HCSB) ~

Every wise woman builds her house,but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands.

Comments