An Apple a Day


Dan, Emily and I went apple picking last week and I'm not sure what I was thinking but decided that it would be a good idea to pick a bushel and a half of apples.  Needless to say, I'm up to my eyeballs in apples!

Apple jelly, apple sauce, apple filling for pies and on and on it goes.  I finished one bag and am halfway through the second one.  I've been trying to do a bit each day so it's not so overwhelming but the sweet smell of ripening apples is in the air so I need to move fast before they get overripe.



I'm enjoying making the apple jelly mostly because it doesn't require peeling or coring the apples.  Just cut them up into chunks, skin and all.  Simmer them in a bit of water, strain and use the juice for jelly.

If an apple a day keeps the doctor away then I am set for the year! ;-)



Comments