Multitude Monday


This past week was one in which I felt as if I didn't even have time to breathe.  In fact, in looking back over the week it's hard to even remember individual days.  It's all kind of one big blur.  And when that happens, I feel "Cranky Terri" start to come out.  In fact, yesterday afternoon was spent sitting on the couch, feeling lethargic and irritable.  Which tells me that I need to work harder at being selective about my activities. 

As I reflected about this and what was causing the stress, I realized it was centered around something that I hadn't planned on doing but was coerced into.  It's my own fault for not saying, "No." and the exhaustion I still feel is morning is a hard way to learn this lesson. 

I want to work on saying, "Yes." to those activities that I truly feel passionate about and that I also feel God pushing me to do.  And that requires slowing down, thinking about it, and then the ability to not feel guilty when I tell someone that I don't want to do it.  But that is difficult for me and something I just need to develop a backbone to do.

However, I'm also remembering the words found in 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 ~ "May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal encouragement and good hope by grace, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good work and word."

I'm sure I'm going to lose my resolve in this at times but I am thankful that God gives me the strength and encouragement to keep moving forward when I stumble.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2791 - 2800.

2791.  A burden lifted.

2792.  I had an MRI on my shoulder which has been bothering me for two years.  It turns out there is no rotator cuff tear which I thought.  The doctor things physical therapy will help.

2793.  Nathan LOVES his new job.

2794.  Little notes of encouragement from church friends.

2795.  Gifts of eggs that I received from a friend.

2796.  Being able to use my creativity.

2797.  Emily is loving cooking and is coming up with scrumptious meals a few times a week which takes the burden off me.

2798.  Laughter which helps lift burdens.

2799.  A wonderful worship service yesterday.

and finally...

2800.  Jesus who gives me strength even when I get in over my head.

Comments