Giving Thanks


It's been a busy and full week.  Yet, in the midst of the busyness, I want to pause and remember to say, "Thank you." for all the wonderful things in my life.  The Lord has given me so much and there are many times I forget to thank Him for that.  I take many of those things for granted. 

It's been a few weeks since I've done a Multitude Monday post and even though it's Friday, I want to spend a few moments, continuing my counting of blessings.  I have a few people in my life who probably roll their eyes when I post these but I want to be a thankful person.  I want to savor each moment and thing that brings joy to me and makes my heart full.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #2801 - 2813.

2801.  I'm thankful for my husband, who is such an encouragement to me.  He intuitively seems to know when I need a pick-me-up.  I came home the other day to a note in the middle of the floor where I couldn't miss it, telling me he loves me.

2802.  Friends who support me by sharing my business page and helping me get the word out about my new shop.  I'm on a shoestring budget and can't afford advertising and this really helps.

2803.  Crafty friends who have joined forces with me to put their items in my shop.

2804.  A work station at the shop that allows me to sew and also set up my computer and work on ministry and writing as I need to do it.

2805.  A very sweet landlady who keep sending me customers.

2806.  Stephen has been sick for about a month and his anxiety is high.  I'm thankful that he is coming home tonight for a week so we can get him into the doctor here and see what is going on.

2807.  My own doctor who is wonderful.  She is setting up an internship for Emily to shadow the social workers at the clinic so she can get some "hands on" experience.  Emily's plan is to be a clinical psychologist.  My doctor took the time in her very busy day to email Emily yesterday to get her school schedule.

2808.  Emily has wanted to go to one particular college for the past 4 years.  She applied and has been anxiously awaiting the reply and of course, assuming the worst.  She got her answer yesterday and was accepted!

2809.  Nathan is so happy with his new job.  He is cheerful and positive.  He is working the day shift so looks better now that he's getting proper sleep.  This is such a huge answer to prayer.

2810.  I've been open 3 days this week so far and all three days I've had customers, and yesterday I had a good number of them.

2811.  I came home to a wonderful dinner, prepared by Emily last night.

2812.  The fact that my shop seems like it's going to be easy to heat at a low cost.  The past few days, I've had the temperature set around 55 and it's been toasty in there.  That's because my landlady's book store is on one side of me and there is an apartment building on the other side of me.  It's sandwiched in between and stays pretty warm. 

and finally...

2813.  As we head into Thanksgiving this time of the year helps us all remember to be thankful.

Psalm 28:7 ~

The Lord is my strength and my shield;    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live